[racket-dev] experiment reorganizing the repo into packages

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 28 21:11:48 EDT 2013

At Tue, 28 May 2013 19:36:14 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> I don't have a good sense of what level of granularity is the right one,
> but I naturally would have gone even finer grained with drracket: the
> macro-debugger, pkg/gui, and maybe even the gui-debugger I would have
> separated out. (Probably you were focused on lower-level things first,
> tho.)

Sounds good.

> Also for the macro-debugger: I think it is useful by itself, without
> drracket (I would like to use it for files that in drracket's
> implementation, for example). So I think there should be two packages
> there: macro-debugger-standalone with the "give me a file and show the
> macro debugger's result on it" interface and macro-debugger-plugin pkg that
> fits into drracket.

I think it's close to that in the current experiment, actually. The
"macro-debugger" collection is spread across "macro-debugger-text-lib"
(which is used by "xrepl-lib"), "macro-debugger" (probably close to a
stand-alone application, if not there already), and "drracket" (which
just has "tool.rkt").

Posted on the dev mailing list.