[racket-dev] current-*-port

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 4 10:41:49 EDT 2012

On May 4, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Laurent wrote:

> As sad as I am to say this, "arr[x] = 3" is read quicker by the eye than "(vector-set! my-integer-array the-current-iterator the-number-three)"

I started saying this in 1988, when I requested from a Scheme implementor that arrays should be treated as (finite) functions:

  (arr x) ~ (vector-ref arr x)

> An interesting idea would be to count the number of times each identifier is used in the sources, and see how many characters would be saved by using different conventions.

That sounds like a fantastic exercise for someone who is truly skilled at scripting the shell with all kinds of find/wc/add knowledge.

Go for it. -- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.