[racket-dev] Racket web server doesn't handle POST requests with 'Transfer-Encoding: chunked' ?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Mar 9 16:18:24 EST 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Jay McCarthy wrote:

> There is nothing going wrong with the supported features of the Web
> server. It's just that the Web server doesn't support any
> Transfer-Encoding other than the default of no encoding.

From RFC2616:

"A server which receives an entity-body with a transfer-coding it does not understand SHOULD return 501 (Unimplemented), and close the connection. A server MUST NOT send transfer-codings to an HTTP/1.0 client. "

Am I right in thinking that we're falling afoul of this "should", making us a "conditionally compliant" implementation of HTTP/1.1?

John