From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 14:19:09 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> Robby, could you share w/ us why you don't like the tool designation for the Optimization Coach and the Future Visualizer? Or if you can't articulate the dislike for 'tool', can you say what a better word is?

- I think the creation of a tool collection at this point is not great
because there will be lots of tools that are not in it.

- "tool" has often been a synonym for "drracket plugin" and the future
visualizer is not a drracket plugin.

(I see some merit in trying to find a name for a collection having to
do with performance related tools, but "tool" is the wrong name for
that collection since it is too generic of a name.)

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.