From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 14:14:38 EDT 2012

Robby, could you share w/ us why you don't like the tool designation for the Optimization Coach and the Future Visualizer? Or if you can't articulate the dislike for 'tool', can you say what a better word is?

Eli, could you share w/ us why

 tool/optimization-coach .. with everything in it for this software
 tool/future-visualizer ..  with everything in it for this software

is a bad idea? Perhaps I am old but I do see a lot of value in a deep hierarchical organization. Perhaps Google will eventually accommodate all these people who don't like hierarchical organizations with search tools that find everything, including their misplaced car keys, reading glasses, and wallets. But we don't have such a tool for finding things in our collects/ tree and until we have such a search perhaps we should exploit the file system that we do have.

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.