From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 6 17:36:24 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Neil Toronto <neil.toronto at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If you have meaningful benchmarks where this makes a difference, that
>> may be useful to Matthew, since he recently was working on improving
>> the FFI's code generation.
>>

> I've got some benchmarks showing via timing loops that pulling a _long
> directly out of an _mpfr takes just over half the time it takes to call
> libmpfr to do it. It's enough to make me want to rewrite simple things like
> `bfnegative?' in Racket.
>
> I won't, though, if Matthew has near-future Big Plans. Or Medium Plans.
>
> I see we have "tests/racket/benchmarks". Should I just drop the code
> there, or is there some kind of procedure or protocol I should follow?

Generally that directory is for benchmark Racket against other languages,
so the program has to be cross-compatible. I think you are talking about a
stress test, which can be used to monitor Racket's performance against
itself in the future to catch regressions. That's in tests/racket/stress.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay