From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 6 17:32:20 EST 2012

On 12/06/2012 02:08 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM,  <ntoronto at racket-lang.org> wrote:
>>
>> | Reimplemented really simple FFI functions (e.g. mpfr-prec, mpfr-exp) to
>> | avoid calling overhead
>
> If you have meaningful benchmarks where this makes a difference, that
> may be useful to Matthew, since he recently was working on improving
> the FFI's code generation.

I've got some benchmarks showing via timing loops that pulling a _long
directly out of an _mpfr takes just over half the time it takes to call
libmpfr to do it. It's enough to make me want to rewrite simple things
like `bfnegative?' in Racket.

I won't, though, if Matthew has near-future Big Plans. Or Medium Plans.

I see we have "tests/racket/benchmarks". Should I just drop the code
there, or is there some kind of procedure or protocol I should follow?

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.