[racket-dev] system-library-subpath etc. on windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Sep 23 01:00:54 EDT 2011

In distributing compiled binaries for Windows, I'm trying to cover all of the bases for the required DLLs.  As far as I can tell from Visual Studio 2010, there are only two flavors, 32-bit and 64-bit.  However, I see that on at least one of my students' machines, the system-library-subpath comes up as

win32\\x86_84\\3m

This alarms me somewhat, since Visual Studio calls the two flavors "win32" and "x64", so the "win32" seems somehow incompatible with the "x86_64" in the system-library-subpath.

My earnest hope is that there's only one kind of 64-bit dll for windows, and that the "win32" part is consistent across all windows platforms. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Many thanks,

John