[racket-dev] drRacket Close/Close tab

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 1 10:14:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:30 AM, Marijn <hkBst at gentoo.org> wrote:
>> I like the idea of adding shift, but I've changed things so that
>> instead of the w shortcut going away, the close menu item becomes
>> <menukey>-shift-w (so the shifting behavior is still there and we
>> are complying with the guidelines in the no-tabs case).
> On Gtk nothing has changed for me.

I've managed to get my ubuntu 10.04.1 vm back in shape and rebuild
drracket there and the various keybindings and menu items seem to
shift around as expected. I've put a screenshot here to illustrate
what I mean.

This is the file menu I see when there is just one tab (right after
drracket starts up):

Then, after creating a tab, this is the file menu that I see:

Posted on the dev mailing list.