[racket-dev] editor-canvas% not visually distinguished

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 1 09:15:59 EDT 2011

The intent is that the 'control-border style for `editor-canvas%' gives
it a border like a control. The default mode is suitable for an editor
that fills a window.

Canvas border styles didn't work on Gtk when the canvas has a scroll
bar, though, so I've pushed a repair for that bug.

At Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:49:22 +0200, Marijn wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> on GTK, editor-canvas%es are not visually distinguished, like
> text-field%s are, to indicate that it is possible to enter text; the
> following code:
>

> #lang racket/gui
>
> (define root (new frame% (label "test")))
>
> (new text-field% (parent root) (label "Input: "))
>
> (define text (new text%))
>
> (new editor-canvas% (parent root) (editor text) (min-width 40)
> (min-height 50))
>
> (send root show #t)
>

> produces the attached screenshot on my system,
>
> Marijn

Posted on the dev mailing list.