[racket-dev] [racket] Disable/Enable Tests

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 27 23:46:27 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Okay. Thanks, Sam and Eric.
>
> It appears that in 5.1 check-expect didn't work at all (is that
> possible?!) so I guess that trying to look through the history to find
> something helpful is probably a waste of time.

That seems hard to believe.  I'm pretty sure we have better release
processes than that.

> And, FWIW, the commit I did below could have been the source of
> problems, as it changes the timing of how preferences work (especially
> related to saving prefs in drracket's space thread and then looking
> them up in the user's space) which could easily have had something to
> do with breaking this feature. (It is a bad idea for code to expect to
> trying to communicate between those two places via the filesystem, but
> that's no excuse for me missing this problem. Sigh.)

Right now, the problem isn't that updates to this preference get lost,
it's that there are literally zero clients of this preference other
than the menu item code.  So the trick is to figure out where that got
lost.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu