[racket-dev] language-specific documentation failed on 5.1.1

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jul 18 19:34:07 EDT 2011

An hour and a half ago, Guillaume Marceau wrote:
> The temporary file send-url creates contains:
> content="0;URL=file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/gmarceau/Application%20Data/Racket/
> go <a
> href="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/gmarceau/Application%20Data/Racket/

If it's creating that file, it means that it works as it should.
It's a trampoline file, which is there because you can't start a URL
that contains "?"s on windows.

> but if I paste that url into my browser, it immediately rewrite itself to:
> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/gmarceau/Application%20Data/Racket/
> This is on Windows using Chrome, but our student were seeing this same
> behavior on Windows using Firefox.

The target of this file is search-context.html, which is a different
trampoline -- translatnig the "hq" (hidden query) parameter into a
cookie.  (See the JS code in it.)  So this works as expected too, and
you should have a cookie set.  This is at least on FF, IIRC.  (I think
that one browser, perhaps chrome, had an issue with cookies stored
this way.)