[racket-dev] OK, how do I fix this DrDr complaint?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 4 21:23:38 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Stephen Bloch <sbloch at adelphi.edu> wrote:
>> As of this evening's DrDr build, test-docs-complete is complaining of a
>> gazillion "undocumented exports" from picturing-programs.  In fact, these
>> identifiers are all required from 2htdp/image and re-exported from
>> picturing-programs, so I didn't bother re-documenting them.  How do I tell
>> test-docs-complete where they're documented?
>
> The answer is to use `declare-exporting'.  You'd write something like
> this in the documentation for `picturing-programs':
>
> (declare-exporting picturing-programs #:use-sources (2htdp/image))
>
> Unfortunately, because of the way `declare-exporting' works, this
> might not be entirely correct.  You need to name the file that the
> various exports of `2htdp/image' are *defined* in, not just where
> they're exported.  But the line above is the general direction you
> want to go in.

I think that in this case Stephen should be fine as long as he is
re-exporting 2htdp/image, without needing any other declarations.

Your typed/racket docs were more complex as you were re-exporting
names from internal modules, not the modules where the names were
documented as coming from.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.