[racket-dev] Git

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 7 12:12:20 EST 2011

I think what I get from you and Jay is that it is possible to do, but
I guess I'm not completely clear on one particular usecase how it
would play out. (I understand that history rewriting is not allowed on
plt/master and that makes a lot of sense, etc.)

Lets say that, on my laptop I make 7 commits. Then I push this to
robby/plt and pull that down on my desktop. Now I squash those 7
commits into 3 and then I make another commit (perhaps in the middle
somewhere via an interactive rebase). Now I push that.

Now I go back to my laptop and everything will be all messed up.

Even worse, I forget if I forgot to push some changes from laptop or not.

What should I do to deal with this kind of situation?

Robby