[racket-dev] getting "oops, internal error" messages when updating PLaneT packages

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 20:59:23 EDT 2011

I think I found the bug. The problem I found was that, during the
creation of the rss feed (the rss feed shows the recently added
packages), the planet server was not being careful enough to guard
against bad xexprs in package info.rkt files.

Well, I didn't find any packages that would actually lead to that
specific error which is a bit mysterious, but the error at that spot
is consistent with you seeing the package actually be uploaded
successfully (and the logfile that I can see), and is the only place
where I see a call to that function (which is actually named
write-xml/content) with non-checked input.

So hopefully you won't see that error anymore. Thanks for the report.

Robby