[racket-dev] speeding up 16-bit integer adds

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 23 23:16:59 EDT 2010

One more thought: Do you get to pick whether you use 16-bit integers or
64-bit floating-point numbers? The `flvector-' and `f64vector-'
operations are inlined by the JIT and recognized for unboxing, so using
flonum vectors and operations could be much faster than using raw
pointers and 16-bit integers.