[racket-dev] building docs, compile collects

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Oct 25 19:14:57 EDT 2010

Three minutes ago, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 05:09 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > Three minutes ago, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> >> Because I don't want to figure out all the necessary modules (that
> >> list below may not be exhaustive) and sometimes I do work on other
> >> random collects in the tree.
> > You started with a request to have the docs be built optionally, and
> > using just `raco setup -D' gives you that -- and you don't have to
> > figure out anything, since it builds everything.  I still don't see
> > what's the point that you're trying to make.
> >
> I want on-demand compilation.

Ah.  Having your subject line start with "building docs" kind of made
me think that you're talking about ... building docs.  You should have
said that you want to make cm easier to use -- or at least this is my
guess of what you should have said.

> One of the reasons for not having on-demand compilation is when the
> documentation is built all the files in the collects tree are loaded
> so they might as well be compiled. If the documentation is built
> optionally then this is not a concern.

IIRC, the compilation manager is not doing any documentation building.

IOW, it sounds to me like you want to use drracket with the
auto-compile feature on for all files.