[racket-dev] building docs, compile collects

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 25 19:09:32 EDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 05:09 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Three minutes ago, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>> Because I don't want to figure out all the necessary modules (that
>> list below may not be exhaustive) and sometimes I do work on other
>> random collects in the tree.
> You started with a request to have the docs be built optionally, and
> using just `raco setup -D' gives you that -- and you don't have to
> figure out anything, since it builds everything.  I still don't see
> what's the point that you're trying to make.

I want on-demand compilation. One of the reasons for not having
on-demand compilation is when the documentation is built all the files
in the collects tree are loaded so they might as well be compiled. If
the documentation is built optionally then this is not a concern.

Posted on the dev mailing list.