[plt-dev] Build error in r18681

From: Casey Klein (clklein at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 30 20:13:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:01:05 -0500, Casey Klein wrote:
>> I get the following error with a clean Linux build of r18681.
>
> Does it work if you manually include the "-pthread" flag in CFLAGS when
> configuring?:
>
>  env CFLAGS="-pthread" configure

No, I get the same error with -lpthread.

I see now that I get a similar error with this program:

#include <pthread.h>
pthread_rwlock_t lock;

Googling lead me to this page

which suggests using -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500. That solves the problem with
the program above but causes a different error with mzrt.c

Now that I think about it, this is probably the first build I've
attempted on this machine. If I've survived this long without
building, I can continue without it :-)

Posted on the dev mailing list.