[racket-dev] Racket stuffs

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Aug 17 21:20:06 EDT 2010

On Aug 17, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> I almost love the bumper sticker.  Would you consider:

[Only when I'm back (next week), since I can't do any real editing
here...]

> - removing the "http:" garbage and replace it with just
> "www.racket-lang.org"?  The ://.../ is too much visual clutter
> (though thanks for putting the slash at the end -- I hate it when
> people drop that).  I know without the "www." will work, but it's a
> good visual cue that says "this is a URL" -- without it it looks
> like random text.

I like "http://" as a better (IMO, of course) visual cue, which is why
I used it...  I can probably make a "www." alternative if you like
that better.  (It could work with neither, since ".org" is good enough
in the relevant crowds, but it makes it short enough to be ugly.)

> - lining up things a bit more?  It looks to me like the left of the
> `h' in the URL isn't actually in line with the left of the `R' in
> Racket.

OK -- it is supposed to be centered, but I guess that the left of the
"R" is much more visible as an alignment point over the right tip of
the "t".

> - I also wonder if a little more space between the name and the URL
> might not be a good thing.

You mean "might be a good thing"?  I tried it, but it looks too
disconnected, so I was shooting for making the url go where an
underline for the "Racket" would go.

> The little peel thing is just Zazzle's presentation, right?  It's
> not part of the actual sticker?

Yes -- they have such indicators so you know what it is.