[plt-dev] renaming programs in the distribution

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 19 11:35:19 EDT 2010

Similar to the way that `rico docs' serves the role of `plt-help', we
could have `rico games' replace `plt-games'.

For GUI launchers for docs and games under Windows and Mac OS X, I
suggest `Rico Docs' and `Rico Games'. It's ok to have spaces in GUI-app
names, and then the documentation can refer to `rico docs' and `rico
games' commands (i.e., they work whether someone tries to use them via
a command line or by clicking on a GUI app).

Otherwise, I think we should keep `planet', `setup-plt', and
`MrEd.app'/`MrEd.exe' for a while. Also, although I think we should
keep `plt-web-server' for a while, maybe we should move to `rico
web-server'.

Posted on the dev mailing list.