[plt-dev] Release Announcement for v4.2.2

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 28 16:24:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> The list of possible release announcement items that I have collected
> is below.  Please mail me new items and/or full items, or tell me if
> something is irrelevant.  (In any case, please indicate which part of
> these items it applies to.)

> * profj (and related: `profjWizard', `htdc') gone,
>  profj will appear in planet instead
>
> * test-engine changes
>    - Change to behavior in interactions window. Option 1
>      implemented.
>    - Turning off the nag
>
> * scribble reorganization
>
> * drscheme
>    - moved the warning into the frame (out of the interactions
>      window)
>      - added a close icon to the yellow warning message
>    - syntax coloring for at-exp
>    - automatic compilation in the module language
>      - drscheme now saves its compiled files in its own directory
>      - automatic compilation in drscheme now avoids the installed
>        planet files
>    - improved responsiveness of interactive searching
>    - changed the default for fixing up parentheses
>    - new coloring of set!'d variables
>    - added phase information to the module browser

The automatic compilation is entirely new in this release (so the
second subbullet can just be part of the main thing).

If someone else wants to say which of the above are worth being in the
release, I'd be happy to supply the blurb.

The #:exists contracts may deserve a mention. If they do, I'd say
something like this:

  - added support for abstract contracts via the #:exists keywords.
This is an experiment to add support for data hiding to the contract
system.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.