[plt-dev] Re: check-expect bug

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 10 02:52:08 EDT 2009

Looks like there were many hands at work in the function that is
causing the trouble. Kathy, Eli, Mike, and John all worked on the
function run-and-check (and now me). Some questions/comments:

-- the call to exn? in that with handlers should probably be
exn:fail?. The only difference here is probably that breaks will not
be handled (when it is exn:fail?) which means that clicking the stop
button won't make the code go into this handler, which seems like a
good thing. I have committed this change.

-- the "uncaught exn: #f" message seems to stem from the fact that the
body of this function always calls (raise #f) when a test case fails.
I have no idea why it does that, but I changed (raise exn) to (when
exn (raise exn)). Someone who knows this code (if a single such a
person exists) should probably check that over. This is what I did to
fix PR 10438. I have also committed this change, but in a second
commit.

Robby

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Is someone looking into that already?
>
> Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.