[plt-dev] Scribble errors in Dracula distribution

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 9 11:35:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Thomas Chust <chust at web.de> wrote:
> 2009-03-09 Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>:
>> It makes sense to me that planet create should be working from a
>> development link, not a directory.
>> [...]
>
> Hello,
>
> this sounds like a good idea, but in practice I have always used
> planet create on a cleanly setup directory and not the development
> link I used, simply to prevent it from including all sorts of stuff
> that doesn't belong in the package like editor backups and version
> control system support files.
>
> Maybe planet create should look at some sort of manifest file to
> determine what actually should go into the package? I think that would
> be useful.

I think a clean space is a good idea, but the development link is
important so Scribble can treat the files as part of the installation.
 It should be only a couple extra lines in a script, Makefile,
whatever, to move the development link to point to the clean directory
during the installation process, then move it back when you're done.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.