[racket] Error when pasting code

From: Steve Graham (jsgrahamus at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 18:27:38 EDT 2015

George,
   Your unicode comment made me wonder.  So I wrote out some code to the repl and it "compiled" and ran fine.  Next I copied that code to Notepad and then copied and pasted it back to the repl and it "compiled" and ran fine.  Finally I google "scheme factorial" and copied what I found to the repl and there I had problems.
   First saw this in the arc programming language, which is based on Racket.
   The funny thing is that a number of other Scheme implementations do not act thusly.  I wonder what can be done to remove this from Racket.

Steve
---
;; Typed into repl
> (define (fact n)
     (if (< n 2)
         1
         (* n (fact (- n 1)))))
> (fact 5)
120
;; Copied from Notepad into repl> (define (fact n)
   (if (< n 2)
       1
       (* n (fact (- n 1)))))
> (fact 5)
120
;; Copied from browser into repl> (define (factorial n)
  (if (= n 0)
      1
      (* n (factorial (- n 1)))))
stdin::355: if: bad syntax;
 has 4 parts after keyword
  in: (if (= n 0) 1 R (* n (factorial (- n 1))))
  context...: