[racket] Package server connection flaky?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 13 14:39:46 EST 2015

The catalog content of "pkgs.racket-lang.org" (as opposed to the server
that handles dynamic functionality for the web interface) is served
directly from S3, so it should be reliable.

You're showing a "host not found" error. I think that would be a DNS
failure, not a server failure. A DNS failure might show up in Racket
due to a file-descriptor leak, so I'll take a look at `raco pkg` for a
potential problem along those lines.

Meanwhile, if you want to get the catalog content in a single download,
you could use

 raco pkg catalog-clone http://pkgs.racket-lang.org <local-catalog>

and pass `SRC_CATALOG=<local-catalog>` to `make`.