[racket] errortrace breaks local-require on submodules

From: Alexis King (lexi.lambda at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 15:55:15 EST 2015

I wrote a typed racket macro that creates an untyped submodule, then uses require/typed to add type annotations to the bindings. This would work great, except that it just errors out and dies. I submitted a bug report before realizing that a bug report already existed <http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=default&pr=14130&return_url=http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?database=default;debug=;State=any;ignoreclosed=Ignore%20Closed;Synopsis=local-require;multitext=;columns=State;columns=Synopsis;columns=Category;columns=Last-Modified;columns=Release;cmd=submit%20query;sortby=Number>. There, someone suggested that it would work fine with (submod "." foo) instead of simply using 'foo. This works!

Except that it doesn’t work when errortrace is enabled. This behavior is observable here:
https://gist.github.com/lexi-lambda/d0da64235e1bca59810f <https://gist.github.com/lexi-lambda/d0da64235e1bca59810f>

Note that it works fine using plain old require, and it also works fine without errortrace. What is errortrace doing that breaks this specific instance? How can I fix it? I’d really like to be able to solve this because my macro sort of depends on it.