[racket] Racketrivia: Using ' as an identifier suffix

From: Jon Zeppieri (zeppieri at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 8 17:29:01 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> I generally recommend against using non-ASCII characters in Racket source
> code.

I used to do the same -- not so much for the readability issue, since
often using non-ASCII characters aids readability, but for the
character encoding problems that were bound to cause trouble. They
just don't any more, however, not with the tools and services I use. I
don't doubt that there are still sites that have these problems, but
they're no longer the norm, and I simply don't worry about it these
days.

Posted on the users mailing list.