[racket] Fwd: Performance help

From: Daniel Prager (daniel.a.prager at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 2 15:35:32 EST 2015

Thanks Jens

concat is a good example of simple, practical macrology for me to study.

I had actually played a bit with srfi/42 in search of a more concise
alternative to for/... family of comprehensions, and don't mind them at
all. I really like the math-inspired syntax of Haskell and Python list
comprehensions.  While I appreciate the expressiveness and generality of
the Racket comprehensions, one of the reasons I went to Racket was to be
able to pursue DRY beyond what's achievable in the likes of Python.
Examples such as this one help me to appreciate the design achievements
(and trade-offs) in a well-crafted language or sub-language.

I won't distract any further from the performance-palooza for now, but will
take this as incentive to see what I can knock up in terms of slicing
idioms.

Dan