[racket] universe program using 100% cpu on Mac (also poor Raspberry Pi performance)

From: Emmanuel Schanzer (schanzer at bootstrapworld.org)
Date: Thu Jan 1 20:10:00 EST 2015

Just to clarify: what I’ve got is a re-do of Moby, not whalesong. All the generated code still runs on the old bytecode interpreter. You’re definitely not going to get anything close to good runtime performance from my compiler.

(However, Whalesong and Moby share a lot of runtime code, and the world-events section of both are nearly identical. My mouse-event code should be practically copy-and-pasteable into Whalesong...)

Emmanuel Schanzer
Bootstrap Program Director
617-792-2438
schanzer at bootstrapworld.org