[racket] xslt

From: DJ (jakep at arqux.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 19:13:25 EST 2015

Thanks for the reply.

I have a suite of xslt transforms already done, so it would be easiest
to run them as is.

That said, the xslt transforms are a small fraction of the total work
that I have already done on the application in Common Lisp. It will of
course be a substantial effort to convert it to racket; in fact it may
be a time to redesign the application from scratch. The most important
consideration is that I would now like to support Windows and OS X as
well as linux. The business logic (in lisp) runs on all three but the
gui part does not. I could do it as a web app run from a linux server,
but I would prefer not to do it that way. My other obvious option is
clojure, I guess. If I could justify the expense of purchasing LispWorks
or Franz Lisp I would, but - too expensive for my pocketbook.

I know that xml and xslt do not enjoy the favor they did fifteen years
ago. But then, I already went through the learning curve back then with
xslt and xpath, so there's that.

Basically I am trying to assess the effort that will be required to do
the project in racket or clojure, and the xslt thing is small but
significant part of it.

Thanks again.

Best,

- DJ -