[racket] handin-server and image? conflict with 2htdp/image and lang/htdp-beginner

From: Suzanne Menzel (menzel at indiana.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 23:42:51 EST 2015

Hello,

I’m having trouble getting the handin server to accept a BSL file that uses the image library and also includes template definitions. I can make it work separately. That is, I can accept BSL image program files as long as they don’t have any templates and I can accept BSL programs with templates as long as they don’t use images.

The problem is that when I go to require both 2htdp/image and lang/htdp-beginner in the checker, there is a conflict with the image? procedure being defined in both modules. Trying to use (except-in 2htdp/image image?) inside the requires list doesn’t work.

What do I need to do to write a checker that will accept the student file shown below?

My broken checker is included below. (The student file will also have check-expects, which explains the presence of test-engine/racket-tests.)

Suzanne

––––––-––––––-––––––-––––––-––––––-

;; broken checker!
#lang s-exp handin-server/checker
(require handin-server/grading-utils)
(pre: (check-deadline))
(check: :language 'racket
        :requires '(2htdp/image              ;;; (except-in 2htdp/image image?)
                    test-engine/racket-tests
                    lang/htdp-beginner)
        :create-text? #t
        :textualize? #f
)
(post: #f)

;; Student file to be submitted
(require 2htdp/image)
;; template:
(define (process-strings strings)
  (cond
    [(empty? strings) ...]
    [else (... (first strings) ...
	       (process-strings (rest strings)))]))
;; function based on template:
(define (make-color-chart colors)
  (cond
    [(empty? colors) empty-image]
    [else (beside
           (rectangle 30 100 "solid" (first colors))
           (make-color-chart (rest colors)))]))
(check-expect (image-width (make-color-chart empty)) 0)