[racket] ARGH my packages are broken and I'm stuck

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 21:38:24 EST 2015

At Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:19:40 -0800, Ryan Davis wrote:
> 10045 % raco pkg install cover/
> raco setup: given collection path: "cover" refers to the same directory as
> another given collection path, "zenspider/cover"

I think you have the enclosing directory "zenspider" installed as a
package. Does `raco pkg remove zenspider` have any effect?

In v6.1.1.8, you'd get an error from `raco pkg install cover/`
complaining about the overlap f directories among packages. In v6.1.1,
that check wasn't yet in place, and the collision is detected later by
`raco setup` (as run by `raco pkg install`).

Posted on the users mailing list.