[racket] Hello and a few questions

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 4 09:34:08 EST 2015

On Feb 4, 2015, at 5:28 AM, Marmaduke Woodman <mmwoodman at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) The plotting library doesn't seem to have the equivalent of MATLAB/MatPlotLib's imagesc/imshow, which simply plots a rectangular colormap of the matrix. [1]
>
> Should this be done with the 2htdp/image library? The bitmap function?

2htdp/image is mostly for teaching purposes. I'd use the underlying graphics toolkit to create snips for that. I started an htdp/matrix snip library years ago (again for teaching purposes). It's a bit confusing at first but doable.

> 3) The array & linear algebra libraries were a happy find. Is there any way I can contribute there? Are there plans to flesh out a larger set of scientific libraries as in SciPy (optimization, signal processing, for example)

We welcome any and all contributions.

Neil T maintains the math library and I am sure he will pipe in soon.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.