[racket] canonical index of Racket courses? [was: Summer programs learning Racket for a student]

From: jab at math.brown.edu (jab at math.brown.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 28 23:36:05 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at cs.indiana.edu>
wrote:

> I've now created a wiki page for this, with some initial content:
> https://github.com/plt/racket/wiki/Courses-using-Racket

And now it's up to 22 revisions! Thanks for creating, Sam, and to everyone
who added to it.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Matthias Felleisen
> <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> > Do you imagine listing college courses such as Brown's 17, which uses
> > DrRacket and the teaching languages? Or do you want Coursera courses that
> > everyone can access?

I think linking to any class that makes educational materials publicly
available is valuable, but they should be divided into one section for
classes that don't require being admitted into a larger institution to
participate in (e.g. Bootstrap World, Coursera, summer programs for teens,
etc.), and another section for those that do.

> > And yes, we should probably create a wiki like thing for such an effort
> or
> > perhaps something like packages.racket-lang.org. I'll bring it up as we
> meet
> > in St Louis.

Thanks, Matthias, and hope you all had a great time in St Louis. Looks like
it was a wonderful conference.

Can the wiki page above be directly linked off racket-lang.org, perhaps a
bit more prominently? I hadn't even noticed
https://github.com/plt/racket/wiki before; now I see the link to it kind of
buried under the Contributing column of the Community section. Perhaps it's
not easy to find for others too.

Thanks again for following up on this.