[racket] Media computation

From: James Vanderhyde (jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 21 12:15:53 EDT 2014

Hello, community. I am going to teach a course on Media Computation this coming spring. I want to use DrRacket. I like Stephen Bloch’s Picturing Programs, and I like how students can manipulate images directly on the REPL. I want a similar interface for manipulating audio. I think the sound should appear in the REPL as a little player control with play/pause, rewind, etc. Does anything like this exist? Does anyone have any ideas for simple audio processing from the REPL? Has anyone taught Media Computation (including audio) using Racket?

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science