[racket] Live coding with Racket?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu May 29 19:06:01 EDT 2014

On May 29, 2014, at 1:59 PM, George Rudolph <rudolphg1 at citadel.edu> wrote:

> <image001.gif>
> I’m interested in what people are using to do live coding
> with Racket?
> I have Fluxus 0.17 installed in “C:\program files” on Windows 8.1”.
> What is the correct require statement to include fluxus libraries
> in my code? I’m having path problems.
>
> I also have supercollider installed separately for music,
> and I would like to know what are the most current Racket libraries
> for interfacing with Supercollider as well.
>
> I am thinking about having students in my upcoming Programming Languages
> course do one or more live coding exercises, perhaps
> even a live performance at the end of Fall semester.
> There are other live coding tools,
> but I plan on teaching them functional programming using Racket, so why
> not have some fun?  I’d be interested in any suggestions you all might have as to how to make that experience pleasant for all.

Regarding your supercollider question: Mustafa Khafateh, a student of mine, has ported Rohan Drape’s rsc3 bindings to Racket; these are available as part of the new racket package manager, using the name “rsc3”. These are an ongoing project, and we’d love to hear any feedback that you can provide.

More info at

http://pkg.racket-lang.org/

(including a link to the github repo, etc.)

John Clements

Posted on the users mailing list.