[racket] Introducing Blight - A Tox Client in Racket

From: Lehi Toskin (lehi at tosk.in)
Date: Mon May 26 17:48:17 EDT 2014

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:48:04 +0000, Lehi Toskin wrote:

> I've recently started programming a GUI client for Tox (http://tox.im),
> a GPLv3+ licensed, totally distributed, P2P secure instant messenger
> that aims to supplant Skype in all areas: text, voice, and video. Blight
> is in early development, so it doesn't do too much except display a few
> GUI frames and bootstrap into the Tox network, but all the same I'd like
> for anyone interested to take a look and return with some questions,
> comments, concerns. This is my first "real", non-trivial program and I'm
> excited to continue its development. The git repositories can be found
> below:
>
> Client:
> https://github.com/lehitoskin/blight
>
> Wrapper for the Tox library:
> https://github.com/lehitoskin/libtoxcore-racket
>
> Tox Core library
> https://github.com/irungentoo/ProjectTox-Core____________________
>   Racket Users list: http://lists.racket-lang.org/users

Status update:

I have friend requests and text messaging operational. The client
connects to the Tox network properly and can now be called an actual IM
program. The next step I plan to take is to refine a few things in the UI
and then start work on implementing file transfers.

I hope to Tox with you over Blight soon!