[racket] Blog post about Racket

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Sun May 11 19:00:02 EDT 2014

Matthias, greetings.

This is a minor tangent to a very interesting thread...

On 2014 May 11, at 22:24, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> 3. Well, minor point but when you state that "I am aware of
> only three other languages developed in a similar context:
> OCaml, Haskell, and Scala." please do keep in mind that
> GHC is a Microsoft product, [...]

This remark caught my eye.  That's not the impression given by <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TeamGHC>, which lists only two Microsoft folk, and seems to include a pretty even (and healthy) mix of university and commercial affiliations.

It's interesting there are no Glasgow folk listed (and though I'm from Glasgow I don't have any inside information here).

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk