[racket] DrRacket package suggestions

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat May 3 09:00:46 EDT 2014

At Sat, 3 May 2014 01:24:55 -0400, Asumu Takikawa wrote:
> Since the call to `pkg-catalog-suggestions-for-module` doesn't specify a
> catalog file, I think it uses the default value of the parameter. But
> the default catalog file doesn't seem to contain much useful
> information: [...]

When you use the "Available from Catalog" panel in the GUI package
manager, then the local package database is populated, and then
DrRacket starts making suggestions.

The original idea was that we'd distribute Racket with a pre-populated
package database, but we didn't get around to doing that.

Posted on the users mailing list.