[racket] Saving memory by sharing a racket VM instance?

From: Yuhao Dong (yd2dong at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 28 19:12:03 EDT 2014

So, I have a really, really cheap VPS. I need to run several racket
programs on it; however, just the memory usage of the standard library,
jit, etc of each racket instance means that I can't concurrently run
more than one racket process without running out of memory.

Is there any way I could program some sort of daemon that listens on a
TCP port for racket filenames, loads them, and runs them in a new
sandboxed green thread? How does DrRacket concurrently run .rkt files
within one Racket instance? Is there a simple function like (eval-file
"path/to/program.rkt")?

Posted on the users mailing list.