[racket] Racket for Lego Mindstorms EV3

From: Elena Machkasova (elenam at morris.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 16 23:35:31 EDT 2014

On 6/13/2014 3:52 PM, Alexsandro Soares wrote:
> Hi all,
>      I intend to teach programming and robotics for my ten years old
> daughter. I want to use the Lego Mindstorms EV3 that contains an ARM9
> processor. Is there any version of Racket generating code to EV3? Or
> maybe another Lisp or Scheme dialect?
In theory you should be able to use Clojure (since it runs on the JVM).
You can call Java methods from Clojure which would allow you to access
specific libraries for sensors and such. Leiningen uberjar command
http://asymmetrical-view.com/2010/06/08/building-standalone-jars-wtih-leiningen.html
creates a .jar file out of a Clojure project.

Elena