[racket] Racket webserver for single-page application

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 08:30:51 EDT 2014

I think of such applications as being two pieces: the first is a
boring transmission of the Javascript program, using a file; the
second is a HTTP/JSON-based RPC server. I use web-server/dispatch to
lay out the RPC calls and json to encode them.

Here's an example that runs the package server:

https://github.com/plt/racket/blob/master/pkgs/plt-services/meta/pkg-index/official/dynamic.rkt

It's less than 500 lines, so it should be pretty grokable.

There's nothing particular interesting or reusable about it, so I'm
not sure that there's value in trying to make a "framework" for this
that's different than what the web-server already offers. It does rely
heavily on a little implementation of JSON-P that could be exposed:

https://github.com/plt/racket/blob/master/pkgs/plt-services/meta/pkg-index/official/jsonp.rkt

Please let me know if this helps or if you need more help,

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the users mailing list.