[racket] Scribble HTML preview tool

From: Matthew Butterick (mb at mbtype.com)
Date: Mon Jun 9 21:20:21 EDT 2014

> 1. I had two small problems with the installation:
> -- the first one is about mismatched compiled code
>
>> raco setup: 7 making: <pkgs>/describe/describe/scribblings
>> get-doc-info error: /Users/matthias/Library/Racket/6.0.1.11/pkgs/pollen/doc/pollen/in.sxref::0: read (compiled): wrong version for compiled code

I deleted the dependency on 'describe', which ought to fix the problem.

> -- the second one is about an undefined tag in the docs:
>
> raco setup: WARNING: undefined tag in <pkgs>/pollen/scribblings/pollen.scrbl:
> raco setup:  ((lib "pollen/decode.rkt") wrap-hanging-quotes)

I added this function to the docs, which ought to fix the problem.

> 2. I had a minor problem with the pollen 'server'. I run scribble to document code with for-label imports. I get this right with roughly this script, a poor man's pollen:
>
>> scribble --html ++xref-in setup/xref load-collections-xref \
>>          --dest Tmp/ \
>>          $1.scrbl
>> open ~/0Unison/0Web/OnHtDP/Source/Tmp/$1.html
>
> But with raco pollen I get cross references underlined in red. Is there a file (.pollenrc?) where I can specify scribble options?
>
> My quick read of the pollen docs didn't get me an answer.

Right, there's nothing in the docs about that, because so far, I'm not exposing any configuration options for the Scribble rendering.

I could, however. Under the hood, I'm just using (dynamic-require 'scribble/render 'render) to create the output, which is where those command-line options ultimately end up. [1]

If you want to show me the .pollenrc you'd ideally be able to write, I can try adding this capability.

[1] http://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/renderer.html?q=render#%28def._%28%28lib._scribble%2Frender..rkt%29._render%29%29