[racket] Use of map and eval to evaluate symbol in namespace

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 14:18:45 EDT 2014

At Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:57:59 -0300,
Henry Lenzi wrote:
> This might lead to having hundreds of definition files, however (say,
> one for each medication defintion).

If you want. You can have as many definitions per file as you'd like,
though, so you don't have to.

When you import a module, all its exports (variables that are
`provide`d) can be used in the importing module.

> I would have to look into how I can save a module to a file (Alexander
> Knauth explained that (write '(define hctz25 "Hydrochlorothiazide
> 25mg") out) would write the correct definition to a file.

Any file that starts with a #lang line (such as "#lang racket") defines
a module, which you can require using `(require "filename.rkt")`.

Are you trying to generate these definitions programmatically? I was
under the impression that you'd write them by hand, in which case you
just have to edit the file.

Vincent

Posted on the users mailing list.