[racket] weird typed racket error

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Sun Jul 13 23:15:35 EDT 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 8:23 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> Probably, what's going on here is that `for/last` has a hidden loop
> variable that starts off as `#f` and Typed Racket infers that to have
> type `False`.

I thought that was the whole point of adding the : (U Index #f), right?  To provide a type for that loop variable?

> If that's the case, there's nothing you can really do other than
> rewrite this as `for/fold`.

Well, I tried to use for/fold, but it kept telling me to add more type annotations even when I had annotated every
little thing that I could.
Then I tried reversing the sequences and using for/first (which would work for what I’m doing but not in general),
but if I remember correctly that seemed to have the same problem.
Then I tried using the reversed sequences with for/or instead of for/first and that worked fine.
But If there’s a hidden loop variable starting of as `#f`, then for/or should have the same problem, but for/or works fine.