[racket] The behaviour of (list 'one 'two 'three)

From: Colin Gan (gan.colin.e at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 09:54:05 EST 2014

Hi,

I figured out what quote was actually doing.
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP2e/i2-3.html explains it really
well. "When ' encounters a plain piece of data--a number, a string, a
Boolean, or an image--it disappears. When it sits in front of an open
parenthesis, (, it inserts list to the right of the parenthesis and puts '
on all the items between ( and the closing )." So '(one two three) and
(list 'one 'two 'three) are the same. '('one 'two 'three) would correspond
to (list ''one ''two ''three).

Thanks for everyone who replied!

Colin