[racket] Racket v5.92

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Jan 25 17:59:47 EST 2014

Erich Rast wrote at 01/25/2014 01:36 PM:
> Is there a roadmap about Planet support, i.e. when will existing Planet
> packages cease to work?

As another Racket user, I'm fairly confident that a PLaneT server and
"require" forms will remain around for a long time.  (Worst case, if PLT
ever got tired of leaving PLaneT running, but some people still used it,
a third party taking up support of it wouldn't be *too* hard.)

I plan to continue supporting my packages in PLaneT for the foreseeable
future, and will probably be adding some new packages to PLaneT as
well.  It will be a while before I have time to look again at the new
package system.

I also have a consulting client using a lot of audited copies of PLaneT
packages, in a simple scheme based on the PLaneT version naming, and
shared among multiple internal projects.  I'd guess that they won't be
moving to (non-core) packages from the new package system anytime soon.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.