[racket] Attaching callbacks at runtime?

From: Matt Jadud (matt at jadud.com)
Date: Sat Jan 4 17:49:24 EST 2014

Hi all,

I've wondered about this for a while, but never asked.

When I create a GUI widget, I attach a callback:

(define b (new button% [... ...] [callback (lambda (b e) ...)] ...))

Is it possible to attach a callback at runtime? The docs say "no," but I
thought I'd ask regardless. Perhaps what I want to ask is "why?"

I can't remember, at this point, why I thought I needed this
functionality... but, I've always wondered why I wasn't able to do this.
(Perhaps I was wondering this as I was thinking about a Qt-ish
slot/connection model... I don't know.)

Many thanks,
Matt