[racket] Profiling memory use

From: Daniel Prager (daniel.a.prager at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 17:05:39 EST 2014

Apropos:

I was wondering why I couldn't limit memory in a Racket program directly --
for running from the command-line -- as distinct from in Dr Racket, but the
following transcript shed doubts on Dr Racket:

Welcome to DrRacket, version 5.3.6 [3m].
Language: racket; memory limit: *256 MB*.

> (/ (current-memory-use) (expt 10 6))
900 52839/125000

> (collect-garbage)
> (/ (current-memory-use) (expt 10 6))
660 25687/31250

[Replicated in 5.91.]

Does (current-memory-use) include overhead for e.g. the DrRacket runtime?

Thanks

Dan